Sunday 19 May 2013

A change is as good as a holiday

Having had a tiring, but really good weekend away last week, I seem to have come back exhausted, but extra motivated.
This week I have mended a record 8 pairs of trousers (the other leg of most of the ones I fixed last month), and made 2 stash-busting skirts. I managed to use up the best part of a frantically floral single sheet.
Warning!! Photos of overly cute and delighted pink children coming up.
Piper & Robin
I made Piper’s wraparound skirt using this tutorial from Simple Simon & Co, and given free choice she picked the pink sheet. Piper
The next day I asked Robin what she would like and showed her a handful of other fabrics – the blue one, the green one, the spotty one…. But she was adamant that she wanted the same as Piper. So I made a different skirt – using Dana’s circle skirt tutorial – using the same very pink fabric.
Robin
Next time I’ll hide the pink stuff when I offer them choices.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! And so proud of their new skirts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, they were quite proud of them - every time someone said "what pretty skirts", they would say "yes, my Mummy made them". :-)

      Delete
  2. These are so cute! I love it when you get a burst of motivation and can whip things up quickly :)

    ReplyDelete