Just recently I actually got around to making some more decorative patches, specifically for my elder sister who loved the one I made for my daughter’s trousers last year. The timing worked well as not only does she now have holes in her trouser, but I managed to get them ready for the new school term – my sister is a teacher who loves her job, but gets end of the holiday blues, so she got these with instructions not to open them until the last day of the holidays.
I actually forgot to photograph these at the time, but conveniently she had them with her when she stopped by for birthday-ness at our Mum’s house last week so I attached and photographed them there (in good light!).
Technically this was quite an interesting project as I wanted each patch to be different from the others, but still very Cathy. The daisy was fiddly, but basically a reworking of the one I made for Piper’s trousers last year. The blue patch was very simple, but so satisfying and possibly my favourite. The orange and yellow was a bit of a departure in style, as it came from a piece of flimsy printed fabric which I reinforced with calico. It then needed brightening up as it had black outline, so I hand-stitched satin stitches all around the edge and inner boundary to match the heart of the flower, and made the stem green. Time consuming but also satisfying.
Lots more projects coming up over the next couple of months, so hopefully I’ll have time to blog about them too.